Data Protection Act
W Todd and Son Ltd. takes the protection of your privacy on-line extremely seriously and will use all reasonable endeavours to safeguard your information. Accordingly, W Todd and Son Ltd. have security measures in place which are considered appropriate to the nature of the information and the harm that might result from a breach of security. For your protection we will also:
- Not hold more information about you than is required for the purposes for which it is being processed
- Reasonable endeavours to ensure that any information about you is accurate and kept up to date
- Not keep your information for longer that is necessary or as required by law
- Process your information in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
What information do we hold and how do we obtain it?
- We may receive information about you from any of the following sources:
- Directly from you or your authorised representatives when obtaining a quote, incepting, renewing or amending a policy or making a claim (personal details, claims details, etc)
- From third parties such as credit reference or debt collection agencies (e.g. your credit rating)
- From insurers, witnesses, third parties and solicitors (e.g. accident details).
What do we use your information for and who do we disclose it to?
We will use the information about you for the following purposes:
- To administer and maintain your insurances
- To assist you with claims and enquiries
- To maintain your insurance records
- To keep you informed about other products and services offered by W Todd and Son Ltd.
- To enable us to conduct research and statistical analysis, and facilitate our internal customer service monitoring
- To share with other carefully selected parties.
In addition your information may be disclosed to:
The police in response to a request
Other bodies in response to legislative/court orders.
You should also be aware that:
To help prevent fraudulent claims your insurer exchanges information with other insurers through various databases
To help detect people who break the law by not having motor insurance your insurer will supply details of your motor insurance to a database which can be accessed by the police and other insurers.
What are your rights?
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have certain rights in relation to the information we hold about you:
You may request, by writing to the address below and enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to W Todd and Son Ltd., details of the information that we hold about you. Details will be provided to you within 40 days of us receiving your request and fee
You are entitled to request us, by writing to or e-mailing the address below, to stop using information about you for the purposes of Direct Marketing, not to share your information with other carefully selected parties.
Contact/address details W Todd and Son Ltd. 10 Prospect Court Omagh County Tyrone BT78 1AR
More information regarding your rights can be obtained from: Data Protection Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 01625 545700* * Calls may be recorded.